Home Products Support Community News

xen-users

Re: [Xen-users] reg REMUS

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

2011/6/24 Shriram Rajagopalan <rshriram@xxxxxxxxx>:
> The debian distro (squeeze 6.0) 's xen-4.1 has parts of remus (the python
> code) while other
[... snipped standard issues with xen on debian ...]

can you tell us which Distro / Xen version you'd think has the highest
chance of success for testing remus?
I figure Gentoo is a safe bet at most times, since it is always up to
date, but that doesn't really help.
Normally I'd want to test on a distro that is at least close to what I
will use in production. :>

But I really wanna spend some days / weeks on testing Remus and right
now I'm at a loss where I could use a non-broken Xen that has a few of
the more interesting features built in.

Maybe you got a recommendation?

which, btw, is outdated.

Sorry for the outdated remus link. One of the remus users has put up this
wiki and a full tutorial on installing/running remus (its for 32bit machines though).
http://remusha.wikidot.com

Please use it at your discretion :).

shriram
florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and