To: rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] windows xp install + fedora core 6
From: ales.rom@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 13:39:12 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 04:39:08 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Same issue here but ... - solved. (Core2 E6300, MSI-P965E)

I installed windows XP using next few steps:

Install Windows in Standard PC Mode

1. When you see the installation tell you to press F6 (Third Party
SCSI or RAID Drivers) press F5 instead.
2. You will see Press F2 for Automated System Recovery, (DONT press
F2).
3. Right after that you will see a list.
4. Press the UP arrow key to highlight Standard PC.

After that, normal install just as you were on a "normal" hardware.

Hope this helps :)

Aleš

rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx pravi:
I am trying to install windows xp in xen.
The specs:

Intel 2 duo E6400, motherboard Asus P5B.

I can create a windows xp guest with virt-manager.
The guest boots and the install starts.
However after the first reboot, i see the bios screen shortly and after
that a black screen.

I have looked in tons of docs for the problem, but i never see a fix.

How has the answer to my problem?