To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.4 and Suse 10.2
From: "iS-Fun Internet Services GmbH, Holger Diehm" <h.diehm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:06:56 +0100
Apparently-to: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 01:36:55 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So,

now xen 3.0.4 on Suse 10.2 is up an running vms :-) (as vms I have Suse 9.3,
10.2, Fedora Core4 and Gentoo)
I have to disable some stuff in Dom0 (because some needs patching, some i don't
need) - here's a list:

history | grep chkconfig
   91  chkconfig -d acpid
   92  chkconfig -d auditd
   93  chkconfig -d microcode
   94  chkconfig -d splash
   95  chkconfig -d nfs
  100  chkconfig -d powersaved
  103  chkconfig -d novell-zmd

So I Think I can't use app-armour for now.

All vms don't run out of the box in paravirtualisation - little adjustments in
the init-processes have to be done (because of my specialities of the kernel -
i.e.I compiled the kernel without module support, that could be the reason why
things like acpid won't startup correctly, because they try to insmod stuff.
Nevermind - all I miss for now is app-armour. If anyone has patches for the
Xen-kernel 2.6.16.33 please let me know (I didn't serch the net yet).

Don't forget to install ncurses-devel and python-devel !

Greetings and good luck,

Holger

Am Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007 15:43 schrieb iS-Fun Internet Services GmbH,
Holger Diehm: