To: "Scott Garron" <web-xenbugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Booting/Installing FreeBSD in HVM
From: "Diwaker Gupta" <diwaker.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:52:09 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 11:52:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      I have a specific need to run FreeBSD, but I don't want to have to
dedicate an entire server to it.  It would be ideal to run it as a
virtual machine but it seems like there's just no way to do it without
going back a few versions where paravirtualized FreeBSD was working.
That brings me to these two questions:

1.  Has anyone actually been able to make a recent version of FreeBSD
run as a domU in any capacity on Xen 3.0.2 or unstable?

I'm very much interested in the same. If you've made any progress on
this front, I'd love to hear about it! I'm going to try Kip Macy's
FreeBSD 7 binaries from fsmware.com today (not HVM, regular
paravirtualized) -- I'll post a follow up here.

TIA,
Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net/blog