To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] SR-IOV, Paravirt Guest fails to obtain IRQ after first boot
From: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 17:16:10 -0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:17:34 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a known fix for this issue? HVMs are fine.

I'm using the IGB driver and after guest reboot and xm destroy and
create I get the following error:
msix entry 0 for dev 05:10:0 are
not freed before acquire again.
msix entry 1 for dev 05:10:0 are
not freed before acquire again.
msix entry 2 for dev 05:10:0 are
not freed before acquire again.
msix entry 0 for dev 09:10:0 are
not freed before acquire again.
msix entry 1 for dev 09:10:0 are
not freed before acquire again.
msix entry 2 for dev 09:10:0 are
not freed before acquire again.

I was wondering if this is related to the first RHEL kernel note here:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/5.6_Te
chnical_Notes/Known_Issues-kernel-xen.html

"A virtual function NIC might fail to get an IP address after several
iterations of creating and destroying a guest. To work around this
issue, diable interrupt remapping in the system BIOS for kernel-xen."

I don't have a bios setting for that and setting iommu=no-intremap in
Dom0 doesn't help either. Has anyone seen this problem before? Or know
how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SAQ is the trading name of SEMTEC Limited. Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T.
services to UK Business.

Broadband : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit :
Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

ISPA Member