To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] [GIT PULL] pv/pcifront-2.6.32 + pv/pciback-2.6.32 = [INTx/MSI/MSI-X work now]
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:59:03 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:00:49 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey Jermey,

I finally got an MSI-X capable machine and gotten the onboard Intel 1G
card to do MSI-X, so I was able to test the Xen PCI front and Xen PCI
backend using that.

There were two tiny bugfixes in the Xen PCI frontend driver:
pv/pcifront-2.6.32:

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (2):
      pci-xen: Iterate over all MSI-X interrupts, not just one.
      xen-pcifront: MSI/MSI-X vector values were copied to wrong
location.

And one change in the back-end to make it easier to spot what is
happening:

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (1):
      xen-pciback: Add debug statements for the MSI/MSI-X configuration
module.

After merging them in your xen/next I now have normal interrupts, MSI,
and MSI-X interrupts delievered to my guests (which are based on
xen/next + pv/pcifront-2.6.32 latest).

Bugs:
- On my own branches (pv/merge.2.6.<blah>) I can only get the normal
interrupts to work. Note, the pv/merge.2.6.<blah> are branches with
the Xen-SWIOTLB and Xen PCI Frontend and cherrypicks from various trees
to make it work. Passing in MSI and MSI-X devices makes the guest hang
so I think I am missing some patch from your trees. Haven't tracked this
down yet.

- There were reports that the PCI front in older kernels (say, SLES10)
isn't working anymore. Need to track that down too.