To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Migration and arp-notify: Not stable?
From: "Rustedt, Florian" <Florian.Rustedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:22:03 +0200
Accept-language: de-DE
Acceptlanguage: de-DE
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 00:22:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello again,

For the first time we had a broken network on two domUs after migration.
After some research we found out, that the arp on the next hop for the two
domUs wasn't updated to the new mac.

AFAIK xen sends automatically something like an arp-notify after a migration?

Isn't that reliable? Do i have to manually force an update, just to be sure?
I am talking about xen 3.3.0.

Kind regards, Florian
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the
named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager or
the sender immediately and do