To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen.git branch reorg
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:32:14 -0700
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:32:38 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
I'll try upgrading from dom0/hackery to xen-tip/next and see how it works
for me.

Thanks.

Btw how does dom0 upstreaming look at the moment? Ingo sent pull request
about some changes, and those got merged, but how about the rest?

Ingo basically ignored all the Xen changes in the leadup to the merge window, then stomped on my attempt to get them merged with Linus, which was all pretty annoying. It had the doubly-irritating side-effect of casting doubt over the controversy-free domU changes, so they didn't get merged in the merge window either; by the time Ingo got around to OKing them, the window had closed. So all that got merged in the end was the must-have bug fixes.

Linus isn't going to pull any more major functionality changes in the -rc kernels, and certainly isn't going to make an exception for Xen. So we're stuck with waiting for the .31 merge window.