To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] [Patch 0/7] pvSCSI driver
From: Jun Kamada <kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:10:30 +0900
Cc: kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 02:11:06 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I will post total seven patches for new pvSCSI driver on following
E-mails.

New features of the driver are as follows.

- Support assignment of each SCSI device(LUN:Logical Unit Number) to
  guest domains.
- Can specify the SCSI device by three ways.(See below.)
- Simplified RING mechanism between frontend and backend communication.
  (Previous version used two RINGs for frontend to backend communication
  and backend to frontend communication respectively. This version uses
  one RING as same as VBD.)

[ How to use ]
a.) by "xm" command
    # xm scsi-attach <domain> <scsidevice>

b.) by config file
    vscsi=['scsidevice','scsidevice']

You can specify "scsidevice" by three ways for both case.

1.) /dev/sdx or sdx, /dev/stx or stx, /dev/sgx or sgx
2.) scsi_id (result of "scsi_id -gu -s /block/sda")
    Example: 36000b5d0006a0000006a025700400000
3.) host:chanel:target:lun
    Example: 4:0:0:10

Any comments are welcome.

Best regards,