To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] [RFC] [0/4] PV driver for FC transport layer
From: Jun Kamada <kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:04:35 +0900
Cc: kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 04:02:48 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

We developed a prototype of para-virtual FC(Fibre Channel) SCSI driver.
It's a extension of the "pv-scsi" driver, that Horikoshi-san posted on
16 May 2007 ([Xen-devel] [RFC] pv-scsi driver (scsiback/scsifront)),
in order to support FC transport layer.

The FC extension mainly performs following processes.

1. Copies FC attributes stored in Dom0 to DomU at the driver
   initialization phase. The attributes are originally stored in
   "Scsi_Host", "scsi_target" and "fc_rport" structures.
2. When /sys/class/fc_*/*/* on DomU is accessed from user land, performs
   appropriate function on Dom0.

We expect your helpful comments especially at following point of view.

- What any other functions are required in order to behave as "complete"
  FC driver? (We are not familiar with FC driver.)
- This is the sub-question of above. Current prototype supports only
  "frontend driven" functions. What types of "backend driven" functions
  we have to support?

Any other comments are welcomed.

Best regards

-----