To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-tools] Re: [Xen-devel] What's the main difference between BVT and EDF?,
From: "rickey berkeley" <rickey.berkeley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 19:50:38 +0800
Cc: xen-tools@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 04:50:50 -0700
Sender: xen-tools-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can you give me more information about the advantage and working  mechanism
of this credit scheduler ?or some link ,Thanks in advance !

On 7/4/06, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4 Jul 2006, at 09:04, rickey berkeley wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> BVT and EDF are both xen scheduler.
> It is expected that administrator will choose the scheduler most
> appropriate to their application and configure the
> machine to boot with that scheduler.
> I just wonderWhat's the main difference between BVT and EDF?
> What kind of scenario to use them?

With the new credit scheduler checked into the xen-unstable tree, I
wouldn't recommend to use either BVT or SEDF. They're both buggy. The
new scheduler is supported by us, automatically load balances on SMP
systems, and has a simpler administrator interface. Once credit
scheduler has demonstrated its stability we'll most likely remove the
other two schedulers.

-- Keir