To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] cluster management
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 10:46:13 +1100
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:50:48 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is anyone currently working on a xen cluster manager? The sort of
functionality I'd be looking for is:

. multiple master - dom0 on all physical machines are equal cluster
manager masters
. config replication - I guess rsync can do this though.
. vif mac address allocation - can be done manually by taking care in
the config files though. I just had an incident with a duplicated mac
address. Nasty.
. multiple domain instantiation protection. Same domain should never be
started on multiple physical machines at once. This would be the main
requirement.
. automatic load balancing of domains. A new domain is created on any
available physical machine. Domains automatically migrated to balance
load.
. automatic restart of required domains if a machine disappears from the
cluster (eg crashes or blows up)
. clean shutdown of a node in the cluster, migrate off all domains to
other nodes first.

?

James