WARNING - OLD ARCHIVES

Xen

Home Products Support Community News

xen-devel

FreeBSD stable? was Re: [Xen-devel] Xen FreeBSD port is available?

I've had a VM up and running for about an hour and 45 minutes running
the lmbench3 OS benchmarks. The results aren't going to be that
interesting as I have a lot of diagnostic code in the kernel. However,
it does serve as a first order sanity check of stability.

What all do you need to do beta testing? I have a loopback image (file)
that I use that can probably be compressed down to 100MB. The i386-xeno
tree more or less (one needs to add a few symlinks) just drops into a
FreeBSD 5.2.1 tree.

How stable do you need it to be? There is a known issue that I'm working
around by disabling pre-faulting on a 64MB range of the VA.

If you're inclined to work on it as well I'll send you a patch with the
added debugging support I've added to xen. It has proven *extremely*
useful.

                                -Kip